Ontario Quartet Event 2017
With a quartet registration incentive!
The Ontario District is proud to announce another full day of quartetting for quartet wannabe’s to experienced competitive singers. This year’s OQE will again have a screening process in the morning, and the opportunity for all registrants to learn and hone their quartetting skills.
Here’s a chance to learn some great songs and sing your own part - all by yourself - with 3 others. You might even find the voices for your next quartet. If you’re already in a quartet, this is a perfect opportunity to add 8 new arrangements to your repertoire!
MUSIC - The music for OQE 2016 consists of these 8 great singable arrangements:
WHEN - Saturday, August 12, 2017
WHERE - Harmony Ranch, Baldwin, Ontario. Baldwin is located 80 km north of Toronto on Hwy 48, just south of Sutton.
What’s the Quartet Registration Incentive?
Since this is a quartetting event, the organizers this year have put in place an incentive for singers to register as a quartet. The registration fee for 4 men to register as a quartet, with all 4 voice parts, is $300. Compared to the $95 individual registration fee, this incentive translates to an $85 saving for 4 men to register as a quartet.
The organizers encourage singers to find 3 other men and register together and to rehearse together to prepare for the OQE. To register as a quartet on-line, one quartet member will register on behalf of all 4 members.
Register online at the link below. Be prepared to pay online when you register, using credit card or PayPal. For alternate methods of registering, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The registration fee of $95.00 for an individual and $300 for a quartet includes:
- 8 great singable arrangements and voice predominant learning tracks that can be downloaded
- Coffee at registration and water throughout the day
- Lunch and dinner
- Coaching by members of AOC and other experienced quartet singers
- Quartet competition and show after dinner
- Singing with the fabulous OQE chorus during the day, at the evening show, and at the upcoming fall convention
- First-time OQE registrants get a stylish OQE shirt as part of their registration fee. Others who have a black OQE shirt with logo from previous years are asked to wear it again. New OQE shirts can be purchased for $32.00 when you register.
- For an additional $20 you can purchase a music booklet and audio CD with tracks that will be mailed to you.
- Opportunity to purchase meals for your family members or guests. Additional lunches are $12 and dinner is $20.
Each of the 8 songs will be assigned to an experienced director who will have an opportunity in rehearsal during the day to raise the song to a higher performance level.
The event works best if we have an even number of voices in each of tenor, lead, baritone, and bass. Twenty singers in each voice part would be ideal.
Because of the wide range of facilities at Harmony Ranch, plan to make this a family event. Campsites are available at Harmony Ranch. Hotels, motels, inns and B&Bs are available close by.
If you decide to participate in OQE 2017, it means that you understand and accept the responsibility of learning the notes and words for your voice part for the 8 songs. This event will NOT be fun for you and will NOT be fun for any of the other barbershoppers you sing with, unless you know the notes and words for the 8 songs.
Everyone is encouraged to find barbershoppers close by who are also working on the 8 songs to experience the challenge of singing your part with others as part of the preparation. Having 3 other voice parts to rehearse with is ideal.
- Ken Fisher, OQE Coordinator, at (519) 823-1977 or email@example.com
- Terry Pond, OQE Registrar, at (519) 409-8705 or firstname.lastname@example.org
OQE 2017 is an Ontario District event with Simcoe chapter serving as host chapter.